Goto

Wascana Park

Monuments &
   Memorials


June 03, 2006

Monuments and Memorials:
Wascana Chimes

Located on the main floor of
Wascana Place.

(Click on the picture for larger view)
(Unless otherwise indicated, photos by Don of www.WascanaPark.com)

(The following information is as it appears on the plaque.)

THESE BELLS ARE DEDICATED
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
AND IN THE MEMORY OF
THE VOLUNTEERS WHO SERVED
IN THE GREAT WAR
BY THE REV. OLIVER RILEY
EASTER DAY 1920

THESE 'BELLS' NOW KNOWN AS THE WASCANA CHIMES, ORIGINALLY
DEDICATED IN THE PARISH OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD, AVONLEA-OGEMA,
ARE REDEDICATED TO THEIR INITIAL PURPOSE AND THE CELEBRATION
OF THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF WASCANA CENTRE BY HIS HONOUR THE
HONOURABLE FREDERICK W. JOHNSON, Q.C., LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR OF
THE PROVINCE OF SASKATCHEWAN, AND THE MEMBERS OF WASCANA CENTRE
AUTHORITY AS APPOINTED BY BY THE GOVERNMENT OF SASKATCHEWAN, THE
CITY OF REGINA AND THE UNIVERSITY OF REGINA.
                 APRIL 1, 1987