Goto

Wascana Park

Monuments &
   Memorials

Royal Saskatchewan
   Museum


North Wall

Monuments and Memorials:
Museum of Natural History (Royal Sask.)

Located corner of Albert St. & College Ave.

(Click on the picture for larger view)
(Unless otherwise indicated, photos by Don of www.WascanaPark.com)

THIS MUSEUM OF NATURAL
HISTORY IS DEDICATED TO
THE HONOUR OF ALL THE
PIONEERS WHO CAME FROM
MANY LANDS TO SETTLE
IN THIS PART OF CANADA
A TRIBUTE TO THEIR
VISION TOIL AND
COURAGE WHICH
GAVE SO MUCH TO
SASKATCHEWAN
AND THIS NATION

(Text on North Wall)




South Wall

THIS MUSEUM OF NATURAL
HISTORY IS DEDICATED TO
THE HONOUR OF ALL THE
PIONEERS WHO CAME FROM
MANY LANDS TO SETTLE
IN THIS PART OF CANADA
A TRIBUTE TO THEIR
VISION TOIL AND
COURAGE WHICH
GAVE SO MUCH TO
SASKATCHEWAN
AND THIS NATION

THE MUSEUM WAS
OFFICIALLY OPENED ON MAY 16, 1955,
BY HIS EXCELLENCY, THE RIGHT
HONOURABLE VINCENT MASSEY,
GOVERNOR-GENERAL OF CANADA.

HER MAJESTY, QUEEN
ELIZABETH II AND HIS ROYAL
HIGHNESS, THE DUKE OF EDINBURGH
VISITED THE MUSEUM ON JULY 23, 1959


MUSEUM DIRECTOR FRED G. BARD
DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES

(Text on South Wall Plaque)